My knowledge about cooking or baking was very limited until I came to Saudi Arabia and had the opportunity to be taught by my own mother. One of the many things that I learned from her and continuously practice by heart is how to bake a deliciously devilish cheesy cake.
It is my fervent hope that your peevish kids become good and sweet; droopy friends turn into vigorous and positive; and grumpy colleagues transform into affable and considerate after eating my mom’s version of CHEESY CAKE! 😀
2 egg yolk
1 big can condensed milk
1 cup flour
1 100 grams unsalted butter
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup grated cheddar cheese ( I normally put more and use Kraft brand if possible)
¼ teaspoon salt
1/8 cup sugar
Grated cheese for topping
- Combine salt, flour and baking powder. Sift twice and set aside.
- Cream butter and add sugar.
- Then add the grated cheese, milk and egg yolks successively.
- Put in the flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the cake mixture into a well-greased pan and top with grated cheese
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for an hour or until it turns brown at 120O Celsius for big ovens and 150-175 for small ones.
Happy baking and eating and have a sweet day everyone!