I’m overly crazy about food! Talking about it as well as indulging myself in it really gives me that overwhelming joy. Oh yes, I am a certified foodie! 😀
My recent craze these days is PASTA. Baked Macaroni, in particular, really makes me zappy no matter how tired I am. It’s like my drug! hahaha For this reason, I asked some of my acquaintances and associates if they could share their Baked Mac recipe to me. Unfortunately, I only got confused as their recipes vary! ‘Experiment and eventually come up with a recipe of your own,” a good advice from one of my buddies. I did put it into action and here’s what I came up with after a hundred attempts:
(1) 500 grams elbow macaroni (cook per package instruction)
750 grams ground beef
(1) Medium red bell pepper – (cubed)
(4) Cloves of garlic (minced)
(2) Medium onions (minced)
(1) Medium Carrots (cubed)
(1) Can whole button mushrooms (cut into halves)
(4) Pieces Hotdogs (cut into bite size)
(1) 1000 grams Filipino or Sweet style spaghetti sauce
(1) Small can/pack Tomato Paste
Sweet and Spicy Banana Ketchup
(1) 250grams Cheddar Cheese (grated)
(1) 250 grams Mozzarella Cheese
(1) Small can of CREAM
Salt and Pepper
- Heat the cooking pot over medium fire and then add oil.
- Sauté onion until it caramelized.
- Add ground beef and cook until it turns a bit brownish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put in minced garlic and hotdogs. Sauté for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add red bell pepper, carrots, mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the Spaghetti sauce, tomato paste, ketchup, cream and a handful of grated cheddar cheese. Let it boil for about 5-6 minutes.
- Mix the sauce and pasta; then, transfer into a medium baking dish.
- Top with mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
- Pre-heat oven to 175-200 OC and bake the macaroni for about 30 minutes or until the cheeses melt.
I hope you will love it as much as I do! 😀